Monday, June 18, 2012

When my Mom and my Grandma fight for a bag...

I think all crafter out there know about Amy Butler. Yes, she's one of the "it" name in sewing world. I bought her bag sewing tutorial, Amy Butler's Style Stitches with a high expectation. Well, the book does have lots of  great bag, but blasphemy! The tutorial is quite difficult to follow (hopefully it's not because of my lack English), the illustration for the tutorial is very few, and the materials are very costly (there is no way that I will follow her materials suggestion).

Nevertheless, I managed to make one of the (supposed to be) beginner bag (that took me an entire day to make! What kind of beginner is that??). But it turns out very pretty and beautiful. My mom and my grandma fell in love in an instance, and voila, the bag is not mine any more.

So here it is, the bag, with a little tweak from the real design :)

Materials:

Fabric
- Reunion by Moda (Vanilla and Cherry Johnny's Jack and Graphite Ava's Apron)
- Some flower fabric I bought at Lincraft
- Two 2.5cm button
- Medium weight interfacing

SIDE A

























SIDE B (Yes, I made it into a double sided bag)


INSIDE


The tweak: I made the bag 5cm smaller than the original pattern, remove the side pocket, made it double sided, and use button hole instead of following the instruction from the book.

Mir


No comments:

Post a Comment