Sunday, October 23, 2011

I still have 2x3500 words, 1x5000 words, and 1500 words assignments..

.. but I ended up making this.

Based on McCall: Kay Witt M5882 pattern. This time I bought this very lovely cotton print fabric manufactured by Westminster that I bought at HobbySew for $9.95 per metre (it was on sale). I bought only 1 metre (I already spent too much on fabrics!), so I combined it (again) with fabric remnants that I bought for only $1.99 for 1mx50cm.

What makes me happy is that this is the first time I successfully sew the zipper without mistakes! Only one take, and voila, I have zipper on my dress. Practice makes perfect, people :)

So, here is the reason why my assignments are not going anywhere...







































I feel like buying more fabrics like this. Should I....?

Mir

1 comment:

  1. Well done, that looks really cute. Can I come with you on your next fabrics shopping trip? I really want to learn how to sew! I wanna sew kiddie clothes for my girl xx

    ReplyDelete