Sunday, October 23, 2011

Let's begin the beguine


This winter break (which goes from June to July), I suddenly had an urge to sew, even though I never properly learned how to sew with machine before. So I browse ebay, amazon, and lincraft, and fell in love with Brother CP7500.

Since the first day the travo arrived (I had to switch from 110v to 220v. THANK GOD I realised this before I turned on the machine), I have been sewing like crazy (while abandoning my assignments, definitely) and this is my second project that I did with my sewing machine (the first one is a failed jeans pouched. Who is the crazy girl who tried to sew zipper in the first time she learned how to sew? Me.)

Lessons learned from this project?

1. Always do your edge, whether you overlock it, pinking it, or sew a zigzag stitch.
I didn't do my edge so after I washed it, the thread is every where ><

2. Always baste before you put the zipper.
Again, WHO'S THE CRAZY GIRL WHO TRIED TO SEW ZIPPER IN THE FIRST DAY SHE LEARNED HOW TO SEW?

3. sew properly your hem

The fabric that I used:
1. used jeans that I got for free for the yoke
2. blue flower fabric that I got in second hand shop for $2 for approximately 1x1 metre.
3. blue lining that I got from Lincraft remnants for $1.99 for approximately 1metrex50cm
4. zipper that I bought in top bargain, 5 for $2
5. skirt pattern that I bought in second hand shop for 50 cents.

Aaannddd here is the result! My first skirt.























The last photo was taken by my housemate's daughter. After I washed it for few times, somehow the fabrics didn't flow as nice as before. Or is it just me who's too lazy to iron the skirt? Dunno.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment